Blockchain play-to-earn gaming is emerging as a phenomenon. Axie Infinity is currently the market’s most popular NFT game, with weekly sales at times reaching $100 million. The success of Axie Infinity and other recent blockchain games has accelerated the growth of the play-to-earn model to unprecedented levels. Numerous innovative gaming finance concepts have evolved from this model; for instance, scholarships have garnered significant attention.
In the meantime, the prospects of blockchain games are immense since the whole blockchain-based in-game economy is still in its infancy and just beginning to develop its potential.
- No dedicated launchpad for blockchain games that allows those interested to gain early access to qualifying games.
- No game hub to explore standout blockchain game projects or valuable in-game items. Meanwhile, the number of play-to-earn games continues to grow at a breakneck pace.
- No central repository where players can easily track their earnings and manage their in-game items. This is highly inconvenient if the player participates in multiple games concurrently.
- No platform provides comprehensive game finance tools, including trading, funding, and scholarship opportunities.
- No model enables owners of game items to maximize the value of their possessions when they are not actively playing the game. Owners are unable to delegate their items to a guild for a recurring yield. By contrast, gamers who require those items are unable to obtain them.
Concerning game studios willing to adopt blockchain, many lack the necessary technical expertise and an effective platform for reaching out to and developing relationships with game players or token holders.
GameFi is an all-encompassing hub for game finance, serving game studios, players, traders, and investors in one place. GameFi will bring the gaming community the promising blockchain game initiatives developed on the Binance Smart Chain networks, which host most of the top-rated play-to-earn titles. Simultaneously, GameFi is the first marketplace to enable cross-games trading of in-game items and NFTs.